Why Social Media Marketing Is Better Than Traditional Marketing
In the modern marketing landscape, "57% of the buying process is done before sales is contacted." (Corporate Executive Board.) This means that modern marketers are now responsible for not only managing consumer-brand relationships, but also educating consumers and turning consumers into leads. With these un-traditional trends and un-traditional pressures, modern marketers can no longer rest on traditional marketing laurels. In the age of engagement marketing, it is time to get social. Here are 5 reasons why social media marketing is better than traditional marketing.
- Buyers are now actively searching for solutions rather than brands. This raises the question, how can I as a brand, communicate the benefits of my solution if people are not searching for my brand? The answer; getting social to engage with consumers and turning those consumers into advocates and influencers as "79% of Twitter users are more likely to recommend brands they are following." (QuickSprout.)
- Companies and consumers rely on social media to make purchasing decisions. According to Marketing Think, "84% of C-level decision makers rely on social media to make purchasing decisions." And according to IBM, "75% of customers say they use social media as part of the buying process."
- Marketers using social media generate more leads. According to Social Media Today, B2B marketers who are present on Twitter generate twice as many leads as those who are not.
- Marketers using social media experience a higher close rate. According to Hubspot, social media marketing has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than traditional marketing.
- Social media marketing is cheaper than traditional marketing. According, to Mashable social media marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional marketing.
In the new age of engagement marketing, marketers no longer determine the buyer journey; buyers do. And they are self educating and self directing themselves through that journey. That means it is up to modern marketers to reach these buyers on their preferred channels in order to engage them before the competition. For more information on how modern marketing is replacing traditional marketing, download our ebook!
Digital Marketing Acceleration Video