Social Media Marketing And Traditional Marketing
In the current marketing landscape, 57% of the buyer journey is complete before sales is contacted, (Corporate Executive Board), and 72% of all online consumers are active on social media. (Jeff Bulas) This means that online consumers are self-educating and self-navigating themselves through the buying process, and using social media to do so. Here are a couple ways social media is helping modern marketers go above and beyond traditional marketing by expanding the reach, engagement and impact of their content.
- The Power of the Hashtag. Social media enables marketers to promote, raise awareness, and drive engagement to or around a traditional marketing event. Many events will have a corresponding hashtag which can be used to identify other attendees, drive traffic to a booth or a tent and carry out the conversation well after the event is over.
- Ability to Keep Informed. By following industry thought leaders, other companies in the space and your customers; you have the ability to track what content people are engaged. Thus providing you with real-time, data-driven analytics to make informed decisions on your traditional and digital marketing campaigns.
- Some Stats to Drive it Home.
- 79% of active Twitter users are likely to refer companies they are following. (Quick Sprout)
- 67% of active Twitter users are likely to buy from brands they are following. (Conent Plus)
- The lead-to-close rate for outbound marketing is 100% lead-to-close rate than for social media marketing. (HubSpot)
Digital Marketing Acceleration Video