Demand Generation Campaign
Demand generation is a mix of all outbound and inbound marketing activities that are used to create brand awareness and drive demand for your service, brand or industry as a whole. The goal is to increase brand awareness and increase your position on SEO and PPC channels to increase visibility. Demand generation can empower your company to tap new markets, promote new products and build customer relationships throughout the buyer journey. A successful demand generation campaign should include;
- A Clear Understanding of Your Audience. The goal of demand generation is to cast a large net, not to simply reel in leads, but to alert consumers of your presence in the ocean of online search. In order to do this you must understand the pain points, struggles, goals and aspirations of your audience and how your solutions helps them.
- Promote Thought Leadership Content . Thought leadership content uses your specific market position, experience and knowledge to provide your audience with valuable insights. These include white papers, blogs, webinars, PPC campaigns, live events, etc. These pieces of content will help increase brand awareness and the likelihood that consumers will seek you out when in need of your solution.
- Limited Barriers to Discovery/ Multi Channel Promotions. In oder to cast a large net, you need to use all of the tools that empower you and drop the ones that hold you back. This means promoting content on social media, paid and SEO channels and also removing gates from "big rock" pieces of content. Gates are forms that are placed in front of valuable pieces of content in order to capture visitor registration information. By removing these gates and making content more accessible you will further increase awareness and demand.
- Integrated Technologies - Because demand generation is a long term process that is present throughout the entire buyer journey, you want to ensure that you have integrated technologies to keep your prospects engaged. Here are a couple technologies you should have;
- Social Media Management - solutions such as Hootsuite empower companies to seamlessly promote content and interact with fans and followers throughout multiple social media channels
- CRM - Platforms such as Salesforce allow companies to track leads, up-sell existing customers, and re-engage contacts who have gone dark.
- Marketing Automation - Due to the fact marketing owns a larger percentage of the pipeline, you want to ensure you are engaging prospects who have entered your database but are not yet sales ready. This is companies such as Marketo come in, allowing companies to nurture and score leads as they self navigate through out the buyer journey. The last thing you want is to force feed your pitch to someone who downloaded a "best practices" whitepaper on your website.
Download the Modern Marketer's eBook