Creating A Content Strategy
Creating a content strategy is essential for your marketing success. According to Content Marketing Institute more than 80% of B2B marketers say they have a content marketing strategy, but only a third have documented it. This is problematic. Here are a few steps to help you create your content strategy.
- Determine content marketing objectives- What's the purpose of your content?
- Identify your target audience- What does your buyer persona look like? What is the journey they take?
- Understand audience- What are your buyers searching for? Using a tool like Captora shows you real-time what buyers are searching for and how your competitors are doing to help you better understand your audience
- Map content to sales funnel- Identify each stage of your funnel and what content belongs where. Creating a content audit is a great way to see what content you already have
- Create content- figure out who will write your content and start writing.
- Leverage technology- see what technologies are out there to help you scale your content efforts, such as Captora
- Test and optimize- Figure out what content is working well and what needs to be optimized for conversions
- Have a promotion plan- how will you get your content in front of the right buyers?
Download the Content Growth eBook